Turmeric has been used in Chinese and Indian kitchen since many years. It is even known as the “Queen of Spices”, among other spices. It definitely adds that “perfect taste” in your food but besides that, it also does other miracles which include the properties of anti viral, anti inflammatory, antioxidant, anti mutagen, anti bacterial, anti carcinogenic and anti fungal.
Turmeric contains many healthy nutrients including zinc, protein, magnesium, dietary fiber, iron, niacin, copper, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, calcium and potassium. Now, I will tell you what are the health benefits of consuming turmeric :-
- PREVENTS CANCER :- Yes, you have heard it right! Consuming turmeric can actually help in preventing cancer. It can even demolish the cancer cells and disrupt the growth of existing prostate cancer. Researchers have found that there are many components present in turmeric and thus, this protects against the radiation induced tumors.
- CONTROLS DIABETES :- Turmeric can help in the treatment of diabetes by balancing the insulin levels. There is no better natural treatment than turmeric which lowers blood pressure and reversing the resistance of insulin. According to some reports, curcumin which is present in turmeric, are 100 times more effective than Metformin, which is a drug and commonly used in the treatment of diabetes.
- REDUCES CHOLESTROL LEVEL :- Researchers have found that, if you simply consume turmeric as a food seasoning, then it can help in reducing cholesterol levels. Everyone knows that high cholesterol levels can lead to various other diseases and health problems, so you must maintain cholesterol levels in order to prevent many cardiovascular diseases.
- IMMUNITY BOOSTER :- There is a substance present in turmeric which helps in stimulating the immunity system of our body and that substance is called lipopolysaccharide. There are also properties of anti fungal, anti viral and anti bacterial agents present in turmeric which helps in making our immune system strong. If you will have a strong immune system then there are fewer chances of having coughs, flu or cold and even if you catch any of these, then you can feel OK by drinking one glass of warm milk, mixing it with turmeric powder daily.
- HEALS WOUND :- Turmeric can also be used a compelling disinfectant as it has natural properties of anti bacterial and anti septic. If you have a burn or cut, then you can scatter some turmeric powder on that place in order to heal. You can also use turmeric in order to repair damaged skin and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT :- If you are one of those people who wants to have a perfect body then turmeric can help you. There is a substance present in turmeric which helps in increasing the bile flow, which is an important component in order to break down of dietary fiber. If you want to gain or lose weight, then you can consume turmeric powder with every meal, everyday and you will get your perfect body soon.
- PREVENTS ALZHEIMER’s DISEASE :- Cerebral diseases, for instance, disease of Alzheimer can be caused by brain inflammation. Turmeric can help in removing the plaque, build up in the brain and therefore, helps in easy flowing of oxygen. You can also consume turmeric in order to slow down or prevent the progression of this disease.
- IMPROVES DIGESTION :- There are many components present in turmeric, which galvanize the gallbladder in order to generate biles, through which, our digestion system will become better. Turmeric also helps in treating viscera diseases which include ulcerative colitis too. However, if you are suffering from any gallbladder disease then you should not take turmeric as a dietary supplement, otherwise, it might make the situation worsen. In this situation, you must take turmeric in its raw form.
- PREVENTS LIVER DISEASE :- Curcumin which is present in turmeric, it has been connected to the health of liver. Many studies have proved that consuming turmeric can fight liver cancer and improve liver fibroid.
- FIGHTS DEPRESSION :- Depression is a common emotional state now due to hectic social life, unhealthy lifestyle, and low social support. Usually, anti depression drugs have side effects but you will be glad to know that the presence of curcumin in turmeric makes it very good in order to treat depression.
Watch Video : गौ मूत्र के चमत्कारी गुण – जो आप नहीं जानते